Liberty Farm is proud to offer two seasonal camp opportunities for young equestrians. Whether a youngster is an experienced rider or completely new to horses, these day camps are fun and rewarding experiences. Camp registration fills up quickly, so make sure to contact us for information about enrollment.
Click here for to download the registration form.
Liberty Farm partners with several organizations to offer a wide variety of camp experiences. Each week offers something a little different- tailored to various levels of riders with various interests in horses or farm life. Liberty Farm is home to a wide variety of livestock, from cats to canines and goats to chickens in addition to the horses and ponies. The following are the guidelines for all Liberty Farm Summer Camp Sessions and Campers:
• Campers must wear long pants and closed toe shoes (no crocs) with a heel for riding
• Bring a change of play clothes and water shoes for hot days
• Bring fitted head protection when possible, some helmets are available at LF
• Full day campers must bring a sack lunch, snacks and water are provided during the day
• Full day sessions are Monday- Friday 9am-4pm, Half day sessions are 9am-12 or 1-4
2013 WEEKLY SUMMER CAMP DESCRIPTIONS
June 17-21, July 8-12 - LF Columbus Academy Summer Experience
Come and join us for an exciting week of farm life with our horses, ponies, goats, chickens, dogs, and cats! Your child will ride twice a day, learning independent riding under saddle and participating in bareback games. Liberty Farm partners with the organization Local Matters to offer young riders a well-rounded farm experience. Liberty Farm will teach campers daily riding and horsemanship lessons appropriate for all levels. Local Matters will teach from their award-winning curriculum focusing on the taste, smell, culture, preparation, and ecology of wholesome foods, empowering positive food choices into adulthood. Summer 2013 Brochure
June 24-28, July 29 - August 2 - UA Full Day Horse Experience Camp
Liberty Farm teams up with Upper Arlington Parks and Recreation Department to offer this full day camp for riders age 6-15. No riding experience is necessary to participate. Campers will learn safe handling and care of horses as well as ride twice per day. Enrollment is limited to 30 and price and registration information can be found at https://parks.uaoh.net
July 1-3 - Liberty Farm Jump Camp
Liberty Farm Jump Camp is open to students enrolled in jumping lessons. This camp is our most advanced week covering horsemanship topics necessary for riders to prepare for competition. Riders are invited to join us that weekend at a competition in Delaware, Ohio. Cost is $225 for the three days of camp, and $225 to cover all horse show costs (not including class entries and office fees). Enrollment is limited to 14.
• Before and After care is available upon request
• Full day camps will have a Demonstration of Skills Show for Parents on Friday afternoons, details will be sent home with campers on a weekly basis
• Topics of basic horsemanship lessons include some of the following taught in a safe, fun and interactive manner: leading and handling, grooming and tacking, colors and breeds, parts of the horse and tack
• Full day campers will ride twice daily, once in a formal riding lesson and once in a horseback game designed to build balance and confidence. Half day campers ride once daily in a lesson.
• All sales are final. Payment is due in full at the time of registration to reserve a camper's spot
• Please fill out the Registration and Liability forms found on our website under the programs/camps tab at www.libertyhorsefarm.com
July 15-19, August 12-26 - Liberty Farm Riders Camp
Liberty Farm Riders Camp is open to riders age 6-15 who are currently enrolled in any riding lesson program and have been in lessons for a minimum of 3 months. We will focus on building more advanced skills both in groundwork and on horseback. Campers will ride twice per day and have 2 horsemanship lessons per day. Enrollment is limited to 14 per week. Cost is $375 per week. Registration can be found at www.libertyhorsefarm.com
July 15-19 (AM), August 12-26 (PM) - UA Half Day Camp
Morning and afternoon sessions offered
Liberty Farm teams up with Upper Arlington Parks and Recreation Department to offer two half day camps for riders age 6-15. No riding experience is necessary to participate. Campers will learn the basics of safe handling of horses and ride once daily. Enrollment is limited to 30 and price and registration information can be found at https://parks.uaoh.net.
July 22-26 - Wellington School Summer Option Horseback Riding Camp
Liberty Farm partners with the organization Food Matters to offer young riders a well rounded farm experience. Liberty Farm will teach campers daily riding and horsemanship lessons appropriate for all levels. Food Matters will teach from their award winning curriculum focusing on the taste, smell, culture, preparation and ecology of wholesome foods, empowering positive food choices into adulthood. This is a progressive 2 week session. Week 2 can stand alone but will build on concepts presented in Week 1. Cost is $275 per week and enrollment is limited to 30. Wellington School Camps
Please email or call to recieve more info